Life By Design Virtual Solutions is on the bandwagon. Say hi to us on Threads @lifebydesignvirtualsolutions.
With rumors of Twitter’s downfall happening in real-time, like some sort of reality tv show, the opening for a new text-based social app has been widening — and apparently, people are here for it.
Threads broke the record for most downloaded app on launch day with 30 million sign-ups and has already passed the 100 million mark in under a week. The last app to hit those kinds of numbers was ChatGPT, which achieved that number of downloads 2 months after launch! And FYI, before ChatGPT, it was TikTok, which took 9 months to see those numbers.
So naturally, Life By Design Virtual Solutions jumped on board!
Here is what you need to know:
- Threads is brought to you by Meta’s Instagram team aka Mark Zuckerberg.
- Threads is a platform that allows you to publish short posts or updates that are up to 500 characters. As opposed to Twitter’s 280 character limit.
- You can include links, photos or videos up to 5 minutes long. And as of now, no need for hashtags!
- Threads uses your Instagram account to sign up. It’s a different platform, but you still need an IG account to create and activate a Threads account. You keep your username, followers and verification status.
- The download numbers mentioned above do not include the European Union, as Threads is not yet active in the EU. So, if you are a business in the EU, stay tuned.
- Threads is still in its infancy therefore we don’t know what “The Perfect Thread” looks like just yet. Content creators, marketing teams, and business owners are very much still testing the waters and learning the new platform.
How to use Threads as a small business owner:
- Spark a discussion, ask questions, and get to know your audience.
- Some users are straight up asking their followers what content they want to see on Threads.
- Got any major launches coming up? Share it on Threads.
- Do you have any information on upcoming events, sale dates, or even any product specifications that may be worth sharing with your audience? Strike while the iron is hot, share it on Threads.
- Showcase your brand, take this hot opportunity to share photo and video content that reflects your products and purpose. The more people see what you do, the better!
- The ultimate goal of your business being on social media is to make sales, right? Don’t miss this opportunity to get a Thread-related offer out to their audience, while the world is buzzing with Threads excitement.
It’s early days for Threads and we may not know if it will make it in the long-haul. There are still features that are problematic for users. For example, users’ timelines are a mess, and not chronologically ordered like Twitter. And if you decide you don’t want to use Threads anymore, you can’t delete the account without also deleting your Instagram account.
Not only that, but Threads definitely got Elon Musk’s attention. He has filed a lawsuit against Threads accusing Meta of intentionally stealing “Twitter’s trade secrets.”
Get out the popcorn.
So bottom line. If you are a business owner, join Threads. It’s breaking records and any way to get eyes on your business through a free social media platform is smart marketing.
So sign up! And while you are at it, come follow us! @lifebydesignvirtualsolutions.