No matter how big or small your business may be, marketing is always a good idea if you are wanting to grow. Here are a few marketing techniques that don’t cost thousands.
- Host an Online Event
- This method is especially good if you have a message behind your business, unique service, or anything cool that people would enjoy watching. Sites like Eventbrite are a great ticket promoting platform, with free options. Set up a scheduled live stream or Zoom where people can see your unique service or product. It’s a great way to gain an audience and give people something to do, especially with everything moving virtually due to COVID.
- Start a YouTube Channel
- This one is much like the online event, but easier for you to arrange. You can film the same thing as mentioned above but put time into editing and upload it at your convenience. You can market the channel which in return will promote your business and grow your following.
- Commenting on other people’s posts is something social media marketers use to engage with others. First, find your competitor and then go to the list of people who have liked or are following the account. Next, start to like or comment nice things on their posts, things of value, not spam. This will bring them back to your account and it’s 100% free.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a great way to get your website to rank higher in Google searches. You can hire someone to do this or just search up the highest-ranking words for your type of business/product/service and put them into the backend of your site. There are tons of YouTube videos on how to do this process.
- Hashtags are super important when you’re wanting to market yourself for free. Like the one above, search the most used hashtags for your product/business/service and put them into the comment section or caption of your posts. No matter if it’s on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok, etc. hashtags are always a good idea.
If you need help managing/navigating the virtual world, we would love to help. Schedule your 15 minute consultation today HERE!
1 thought on “Free Marketing Tips for the Small Business Owner”
Great tips you have