Do you find that coming up with fresh social media content is starting to wear thin? Trying to stay up on trends and algorithm changes can start to feel like a full-time job, amiright? While keeping up-to-date on trends IS a good idea, you can repurpose old content and make it fresh again, if you are tight on time or running out of creative juices. Here are 6 tips on how to repurpose your old content into new content.
- Evergreen blogs. Certainly you have blogs that are seasonal or time specific, but you probably have blogs that can be posted no matter what month or season it is. This is referred to as “evergreen,”meaning it’s not time sensitive. That great blog you wrote in July? Why not give it another chance to have folks read it in February. You can introduce it to people who missed it the first time around.
- Speaking of blogs, you can always use the content you blogged for social media posts. For example, you can pull quotes from it and put them over a graphic you have previously created, or on branded pictures from your website. You can pull captions from it also. Boom, social media content at your fingertips.
- Another use for a blog is to turn it into a podcast. Everyone is in the podcast game these days. This is a no-brainer to use your blog content as audio content!
- Make a GIF. Do you have great, well performing videos? There are tons of free GIF maker websites out there to transform your video into a fun GIF. Give it a try!
- Most people have a niche and they post within that niche. You can compile a bunch of your content, graphics, surveys, and other similarities into a small E-book that your followers can download. Hint, this is a great way to compile an email database as well.
- Throwbacks! TBT is still a thing! Get on board, find that post from 4 years ago and see how it holds up today. You might get a laugh, and you’ll certainly get engagement!
Repurposing content not only helps save time (and brain energy), but it also reinforces your brand. It also gives your followers or new followers a chance to see content they might have missed the first time around or never saw because they just discovered you. And of course, repurposing also reinforces SEO.
Social media posting is very time consuming, especially across multiple platforms and certainly because the rules are constantly changing. Many small business owners (and all large business owners certainly) outsource their social media to another company, like a Virtual Assistant agency. Outsourcing social media is one way to cut the stress of keeping up with trends and worrying about keeping your content fresh. Life By Design can help. We can come up with a strategy to keep your brand at the forefront, create graphics and captions, as well as keep an eye on metrics to see what is working and what needs to be changed up. We offer packages for every budget. Let us help you with the time consuming stuff, so you can focus on doing what you love.