An email list is basically a list of the people who have in some way showed interest in your business, maybe filled out a form to get more information, or maybe even a current customer. It’s your lead list. It’s also your lifeline in business.
Now, you may be thinking that email is a thing of the past, but it’s not. I know many, many people who still check their emails daily and many who prefer contact via email. Your “list” is your database of these people who you can contact with your marketing messages and communications for your business.
So that’s what an email list is. Now, why do you need it for your business?
There are many reasons you want to have a list, but I’m only sharing 4 with you today.
1. You own your email list. No one can take it away from you. You don’t own your search engine rankings, or your social media profiles. You don’t own Facebook and Twitter. You could lose those accounts at any time, but you do own your list. There are two things online that are truly yours. Your blog or website and your list.
2. An email list is the cheapest way to communicate with a large audience at one time. Let’s use AWeber’s pricing as an example. For $30 a month they’ll let you send unlimited messages to a list of up to 5,000 people. Say you send one email a week to your list. That’s 20,000 messages for $30 –crazy cheap!
3. People prefer email as a communication channel for commercial messages.
- According to Merkle, a customer relationship marketing agency, 74% of online adults prefer email for commercial communication.
- According to Exact Target, “email is preferred over text and messenger for communications. 51% said they preferred email, while only 13% preferred social media and 36% preferred text.— An email is preferred for business messages.
4. People Buy From Emails. People are more likely to buy from an email they get than from a link in a text or a message you send them on social media. It just feels more real. People trust you more if you are sending weekly emails or newsletters. That builds trust over time and they will feel more confident in buying from you and many times will click and then purchase right from that email.
So that is just 4 reasons you need to be building a list online and sending out weekly emails and newsletters to your list. Add to the list daily as you are growing your business. You will see your list grow as well as your income.
To your success,